Donovan® Brand HAMMER™ II Tarping Systems
With the Hammer™ II, you get one-size-fits-all styling for dump bodies up to 23 feet. Strong 1 1/2-inch diameter round “easy-off” pivot arms and flat coil torsion springs provide smooth, powerful operation. The GL model has a ground-level manual crank while the standard Hammer™ is powered by the Durabuilt™ 12V direct-drive motor with rotary switch. Optional upgrades include 40-amp Durabuilt™ rocker switch kit with solenoid, wind deflectors, pivot arm rests and spring trap and tarp trap hold-downs.
When pricing your Hammer™ system, you will need to order your choice of tarp and add that to the price. Choose from heavy-duty mesh, multicolored PVC mesh, 18-oz. vinyl or asphalt lumite. Asphalt lumite is water resistant and not PVC coated, so it’s able to handle much higher heat levels than vinyl. In addition to lumite, other asphalt-friendly selections are also available, including RFL, urethane-coated airbag, 22-oz. vinyl and doloprene. More tarp options can be selected, such as non-standard colors, side flaps, reinforced pockets or hems, webbing, boxed corners, stenciling, grommets and D-rings. Approximate shipping weight: 220 lbs.
- Tarp Spool with Side Plates
- Extruded Aluminum Roller Bar
- 1.69″ Round Arms – 2-Piece (Black Powder Coat)
- Flat-Coil Springs (5)
- HD Ground-Level Crank with Chain Guard – Standard on P/N 1809474 & 1809555
- Duarbuilt™ Motor – Standard on P/N 1809578 & 1809556
- Rotary Switch – Standard on P/N 1809578 & 1809556
- P/N 1809571 – Steel Wind Deflector – 2 Pc.
- P/N 1800639 – Chain Guard (For GL Kit, 1801978)
- P/N 1802081 – Medium-Duty Arm Rest Kit
- P/N 1802008 – Steel Heavy-Duty Arm Rest Kit
- P/N 1801434 – Spring Trap Hold-Down Kit
- P/N 1801490 – Tarp Trap Hold-Down Kit
- P/N 1801935 – Rocker Switch
*Additional options may not be available for all applications.
All material on this page referring to Donovan® Brand HAMMER™ II Tarping Systems including text, images, logos and pdfs, are owned by Donovan, either through copyright or trademark, unless otherwise indicated.
Municipal Equipment, Inc. is an authorized Donovan reseller.