Municipal Equipment, Inc. (MEI) was started in Louisville, KY in 1971 as a dealership serving the unique requirements of municipal street and sanitation departments throughout the state. Due to MEI’s dedication to selling only the highest quality products in the industry and providing exceptional customer service, the business has continuously grown over the years.
MEI is now one of the leading suppliers of refuse, recycling, and street sweeping equipment in the Midwest, serving government and private sector customers throughout Kentucky, Tennessee, and Indiana.
This position will train at Municipal Equipment’s headquarters in Louisville, KY where they will shadow experienced technicians and they will travel to the various equipment factories to complete their training. At Municipal Equipment we succeed as a team, and information is freely available
If you are a self-motivated, detail-oriented technician, come join the Municipal Equipment service team.
Responsibilities and Duties
Work being performed closely relates to that of a heavy equipment technician.
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- Experience in the troubleshooting and repair of 12-volt electrical systems
- Proficient in hydraulic systems including electric over hydraulic and air over hydraulic systems
- Understanding of electrical theory
- Ability to read and comprehend wiring schematics
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic systems
- High mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Fabrication, Welding, and Class 7/8 Chassis Experience is a Plus
- CDL B or higher must be obtained within 60 days of employment
Starting salary is competitive and will be based on qualification and experience. Municipal Equipment offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K, 8 paid holidays, vacation time, and personal days, plus more benefits. For more information on Municipal Equipment Inc., please visit www.MunicipalEquipmentInc.com.