Municipal Equipment, Inc. (MEI) was started in Louisville, KY in 1971 as a dealership serving the unique requirements of municipal street and sanitation departments throughout the state. Due to MEI’s dedication to selling only the highest quality products in the industry and providing exceptional customer service, the business has continuously grown over the years.
MEI is now one of the leading suppliers of refuse, recycling, and street sweeping equipment in the Midwest, serving government and private sector customers throughout Kentucky, Tennessee, and Indiana.
This position involves performing a variety of repair and maintenance tasks on a multitude of public works, municipality, and contractor environmental equipment.
If you are a self-motivated, detail-oriented technician, come join the Municipal Equipment service team. The position will be day shift, Monday through Friday.
Work being performed closely relates to that of a heavy equipment technician.
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- Previous Experience Recommended
- Proficient in hydraulic systems including electric over hydraulic and air over hydraulic systems
- Understanding of electrical theory
- Ability to read and comprehend wiring schematics
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic systems
- High mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Fabrication, Welding, and Class 7/8 Chassis Experience is a Plus
Starting salary is competitive and will be based on qualification and experience. Municipal Equipment offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K, 8 paid holidays, vacation time, and personal days, plus more benefits. For more information on Municipal Equipment Inc., please visit www.MunicipalEquipmentInc.com.