Marathon Closed-End Horizontal Balers
Closed-End Balers typically process a wide variety of materials. The Marathon® Closed-End balers are available in a variety of different models with the largest model processing up to 20 tons of OCC in a typical day’s shift.
Closed-End Horizontal Balers are ideal for multi-material processing. The ram packs the material in the compaction chamber and the bale is ejected through the end. The gate operates hydraulically. Closed-End Horizontal Balers are mid-sized, closed-end balers that process a wide variety of material and can produce up to 20 tons of OCC in a typical day’s shift. Several models are available with bale sizes from 30″ x 42″ x 72″ to 48″ x 42″ x 72″, charge box opening lengths from 30″ to 50″, motors with 20 and 30 horsepower, and 7-inch and 8-inch cylinder bores.
- Rotary bale length gauge activates the bale made light automatically with no flag pole to engage or disengage
- A photoelectric cell facilitates automatic cycling
- Heavy-duty, spring-loaded retainer locks
- Reversible and replaceable ram shear blade and serrated body shear blade
- Chute or hand-feed hopper
- Heavy-duty power pack with 20 or 30 HP TEFC motor
- Oil cooler standard on 30 hp
- Center position valve, 10-micron return line filter, and 100 mesh suction line strainer
- Audio/visual start-up alarm
- Tongue and groove floor/ram
- Conveyor control options
- Accessory control option
- Material selector switch
- Remote control station
- Remote power pack
- Oil cooler (20 hp)
- Immersion oil heater
- Oil temperature shut down
- Low oil shut down
- Sonic sensor
- Upper photocell
- Custom designed hopper
All material on this page referring to Marathon Closed-End Horizontal Balers including text, images, logos and pdfs, are owned by Marathon, either through copyright or trademark, unless otherwise indicated.
Municipal Equipment, Inc. is an authorized Marathon reseller.